Monday, July 31, 2006

Mel Gibson... What the Hell?

So apparently Mel Gibson is not only super-Catholic, he's super anti-semitic and a super alcoholic, too. I always thought Mel was a little too high on his horse. I mean, he's an old-school Catholic who thinks that communion doesn't actually become the blood/flesh of Jesus unless the mass is said in Latin. He's publically said before that he doesn't necessarily think that his wife is getting into heaven because she's an Episcopal. Sure, she's good enough to have a dozen of my kids, but heaven? Well, thems the rules, sweetie. Sorry 'bout that. The only way through THOSE pearly gates is through the Vatican. And not this Vatican, even, more like the Vatican circa 1200. The P.C. term for this is "traditionalist Catholicism". Click here for wikipedia quotes about Mel's view of his religion.

Speaking of which, I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that Mel is such an anti-semite, seeing how he claims that the Vatican II is responsible for the downfall of Catholicism, including Pope John Paul II's outreach to the Jewish community. He also blamed them on the rise of homosexuality and pedophelia in the Church. Oh really, Mel, are they responsible for your alcoholism, too?

Maybe I live under a rock, but I had no idea what a giant, closed-minded loser this guy was until is D.U.I. arrest over the weekend. I feel like Braveheart (which I loved cause it's about the Scots, gotta give love to my roots) is totally ruined for me now.

2 comments:

Bart said...

Say about Mel what you will, but the man takes a GREAT mug shot. Very handsome. I was glad to see the beard was off. That thing was starting to freak me out.

DCTXn said...

True, the beard was a bit creepy, but gives more creedence to his Traditionalist Catholic slant