Thursday, July 20, 2006

What Really Grinds My Gears...


So I am always complaining, well, more like ranting and raving, to my husband about things that really bother me or are just plain bizzar. You know the moments, you've had them before- you're walking down the street, and you see a woman breast feeding her 8 year old in broad daylight at a bus stop. Those are the kind of things that make me stop and say, "in what universe is that ever acceptable?" These are also known as my "Family Guy" moments, based on an episode where Peter gets a job at a local TV station for an Andy Rooney-esque segment called, "You know what really grinds my gears?". This is possibly the funniest episode of Family Guy, and not only for the hilarious (but true) things that Peter complains about, but also because of the fact that I think Andy Rooney is the most ridiculous character on TV. As my husband would say, "he's an institution" (click here to see his blog and check out his entries about his fascination with local TV anchors) . I just can't can't fathom a man who gets paid to go on a 3 minute tirade once a week about how much he hates the sticker-style postage stamps. "In my day, we had to LICK our stamps ourselves. Are today's American's too lazy to use their saliva?"

4 comments:

Bart said...

OK, first off: Are today's Americans too lazy to use apostrophes correctly?

Second: Woman breast-feeding an 8 year old? I'll bet she just forgot to run to the store. Cut a sister a break.

Beakerz said...

i haven't read your stuff yet, but if you're half the rant and raver i am, this should be a great blog.

Good Luck!

Beakerz said...

ok, first off: Bart, you jerk. It's her blog. Hence, she can write F You spell incorrectly and you can just not read!

Secondly, funny stuff! But I think ya need to put down the pot. lol

Bart said...

As long as we're going to be grinding your gears:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayso1uqkdC8