Thursday, October 26, 2006

DOUBLE RAVE: John Hodgman & David Rees

RAVE: John Hodgeman. I know this is an old clip of John Hodgeman (old for the net, 3 months), but I had to post it since we went to see John Hodgeman and David Reese Tuesday night at the Warehouse Theater in DC (near new ocnvention center). What can I say, I'm at home with the other NPR nerds! Anyways, John Hodgeman is just as funny live as on TV, AND he is really nice and personable, too. He even gave away "Hobo Chalk" after the show. Awesome. But another reason I had to post this? He was wearing the EXACT SAME suit and tie as he did on Tuesday night. Normally I wouldn't have noticed this, except he made it a point to talk about his Buddha-patterned tie during the Q&A, and here it is again.

DOUBLE RAVE: David Rees. I hadn't heard of David Rees (unfortunately!) until I saw him on Tuesday night, but now I am enlightened. He is the author of the most insightful and hysterical comics: Get Your War On, My New Fighting Technique is Unstoppable, and (my favorite) My New Filing Technique is Unstoppable. To see his comics, go to: www.mnftiu.cc.

I had my own "mnftiu" moment today at work when the loud speaker announced a key board demonstration taking place. You heard me.

No comments: