Wednesday, November 22, 2006

RANT: WashFM's Non-Stop Christmas Bonanza

OK, I have to say it: 9 months out of the year I love 97.1 Wash FM here in DC(although that love has a twinge regret now that Delilah has replaced my beloved Glen Hollace). Where else am I going to turn on the radio and be guaranteed to hear Hall & Oats? A little "Dancing in September"? A little bit of Elton John, Billy Joel, etc.? But all that changes in November. From November to December I have to boycott Wash FM because they start playing NONSTOP Christmas carols & cheesy muzak. It's horrific. If I wanted to feel like I was stuck in a Christmas hell I would go to the mall the day after Thanksgiving, or go to Marshall's any day of the week.

I don't have anything against Christmas music, I just think it should be played at the appropriate time of the year- namely NOT Thanksgiving, and definately not right after fucking Halloween. I want to be able to enjoy my Thanksgiving with the dignity it deserves- Hall & Oats style.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think non-stop music from Thanksgiving to Christmas is WONDERFUL!!! I am so glad 97.1 is one of the stations that actually does it. I look forward to next year!!!

Anonymous said...

WASH-FM is going to do their "Christmas in July" tomorrow (07/25/08). I just love Christmas music, and I can listen to it WITHOUT my family getting on my nerves...