Tuesday, August 08, 2006

RANT: A New Professional Low


Okay, I thought about just posting this picture and saying "My boss: need I say more?" . But actually I do need to say more. I'm the kind of person who has to publicly talk about my humiliations. And today, I have reached a new professional low. My boss actually called me a loser today. And then she made an "L" shape on her forehead, which I seriously haven't seen anybody do since about 1991.

What makes it worse is that I was coming to the defense of my beloved Glenn Hollis. During a meeting with a coworker and my boss in her office, I commented on how she was playing 97.1 WASH FM during the work hours. "WASH at work!". Then my coworker said how much she liked WASH and their penchant for playing the BeeGees. So of course I mentioned how pissed off I was that they took Glenn Hollis off the air and put on that stupid cunt Delilah. (OK, I didn't actually say "cunt"). Then my boss laughs at me, calls me a LOSER for listening to Glenn Hollis, does the L thing on her forehead, and goads my coworker into calling me a loser too.

"Can you believe that? Can you? Isn't she a loser?" To her credibility, my coworker didn't cave and said she understand my Glenn Hollis addition. I am just having a real difficulty coming to terms with the fact that my boss called me a loser to my face. What makes it worse is that she recently saw The Devil Wears Prada, and went on and on about what a horrible boss Meryl Streep was. Really? Really! The only good thing I can say about my boss right now is that she hasn't made me find the unpublished Harry Potter book of the moment for her non-existant children. Although tomorrow is another day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What your boss did to you was very unprofessional. I can't believe you work for such a b*ch.I would check with your HR department or your employee handbook as your boss may be guilty of harassment. Harassment can be defined as making a person feel uncomfortable in a workplace setting. Your work performance could suffer from this. Your boss needs sensitivity training and maybe to be fired as well. Just because it is 2007 doesn't mean you can't still make a report about this.
I would defend Glenn Hollis any day. If my boss called me a looser, my company would not tolerate that s**t.

DCTXn said...

Thank you for your comment- I was indeed in a bad situation. I left that job right before Labor Day and haven't looked back since. I filed a few reports with HR before I left, too. ;) That woman was hands down the absolute worst person I have ever worked with. I love my new job- check out my post 10/8/06.
Thanks for reading!