Thursday, August 03, 2006

RAVE: Stefan Fatsis and Melissa Block are Married

OK, old news maybe, but news to me! Stefan Fatsis, the author of Word Freak (my new obsession) is married to one of NPR's hosts of All Things Considered, Melissa Block. So basically two of my weird eccentricities have combined: Scrabble and NPR. This is basically the nerd world's equivalent of Brangalina. But it's more like Stefissa. Doesn't quite sound as sexy, does it? I can't even imagine what the dinner conversation must be like in that house...I would love to be a fly on the wall.

Stefan: Today I memorized all of the 9 letter bingos that contain an E, M and an X.
Melissa: In world news today, fighting continued in Beruit...

And, even more exciting, they live in Washington DC. I won't say where it is, but lets just say that Word Freak must have been a big hit on the New York Time's Best Seller List, because I don't think that NPR pays that kind of green. It is public radio, after all.

1 comment:

phi said...

I was thinking that most public radio jobs don't pay much, but when you're a big shot anchor for their evening show that is one of the pillars of the NPR institution, you must be bringing home some FAT bacon.