Wednesday, August 30, 2006

RAVE: The Zen State of Nothingness

RAVE: if you have ever quit a job with a really horrible boss, you know exactly how I am feeling right now. Lighter than air, happier than a kid at Christmas, almost a little intoxicated at the thought of new possibilities and free afternoons. But most importantly, free from the chain around your ankle that was calling you a loser and screaming at you day in and out. The insecurity of unemployment isn't yet clawing at my throat, tugging at my brain and telling me to get on the ball. Instead, I am breathing the air of a free woman who will be no one's whipping girl. Today, I am Sluggo saying "no" to the world and breathing in the fresh coolness of freedom.

1 comment:

Washington Cube said...

Enjoy it while it lasts. This, too, shall pass...unfortunately.